On the death of Weir’s widow, the house was sold by the Weir family to George Silas Guy in 1904 for £4,000 (with a conveyance of some complexity due to the number of Weir settlements) and the name changed to Hazeldean. Coincidentally or otherwise the tenant from 1906-1920 (shown in Stevens Annual), Andrew Alexander Brockatt MD LRCP MRCS was, in 1905, at Hazeldene in Victoria Road. So for the second time it was a Doctor’s house. A sale advert in the Birmingham Daily Post 12 Oct 1918 refers to the Substantial Commodious Freehold Residence as being ‘let for many years to a responsible tenant for £200 pa’. This would suggest that the Guy estate still owned it and were trying to sell it.
Electricity was installed in 1905 (date found on timber in ‘billiard’ room during 2014 renovation).